Our April Helena Woodworkers Guild meeting will be Monday, April 7th pm. Dave Ashley will host our meeting at Helena Hardwoods (3290 Centennial Drive.) We have a couple of first class wood artists giving a presentation on carved wood birds, and turned bowls.
Here’s what’s on the program:
- 6:00 pm: Potluck dinner with your fellow woodworkers. Dave Ashley will provide our main dish: different meats to be grilled on his bbq, along with buns and condiments. Please bring a salad, dessert or side dish to share, and a beverage of your choice. If you are super busy — or if you are new to the guild and just checking us out — don’t worry about bringing a dish. There is always enough food!
- The evening’s program will be presented by Chris Clearman and Tom Dooling. Chris will share his carved birds with us (see photo above) and Tom will show us some of his exquisite turned bowls. Both gentlemen use multiple species of woods to create gorgeous details and interesting patterns in their pieces. They are prepared to talk about processes, tools, woods and inspirations. They will also be happy to answer questions.
- If time allows, Dave will give an educational talk about plywoods: the different cores, surfaces and the materials in plywoods, along with benefits of using plywoods.
- Date: Monday, April 7th
- Time: 6:00 pm to around 8:00 ish
- Where: 3290 Centennial Drive across US Highway 12 from the Subway sandwich shop, between Helena and East Helena. (click here to go to a detailed google map. Zoom out to see Helena on the map.)
- Please Bring: side dish or dessert. Also a beverage to share
- Also bring: a friend who might be interested in joining, or who just wants to check us out!
- Dave Ashley’s Phone Number: 495-1066
See you at the meeting on Monday!