Be “On Time” for March Guild Meeting
The March Helena Woodworkers Guild meeting will be Monday, March 3rd at 6:00 pm. Leonard Cloninger will be hosting our meeting at his shop. Leonard creates amazing contemporary clocks of wood and metals, and will be giving us a demonstration of cutting on the CNC machine, which he uses in fabrication of his clocks.
Leonard makes the clocks of white oak, maple and walnut. He might have several at his shop, so we can see how they function, up close and personal. Leo says he has to “keep them for about a month to get them running on time and work out any bugs they might have.”
Our host may also have several scroll saw projects for members to view, so we can see the difference between the CNC and scroll saw results.
- 6:00 pm: Potluck dinner and feasting (yes, lately the potlucks really have been worthy of being called “feasts!”) with your fellow woodworkers.
- Update on planning of the Sketch-Up workshop that will taught by Phillip Pontillo of Whitefish, Montana.
- Demonstration by Leonard on the CNC machine.
Leonard and Carol will provide the main dish — bbq pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw. Please bring a potluck side dish to share and maybe a beverage. If you are super busy — or if you are new to the guild and just checking us out — don’t worry about bringing a dish. There is always enough food!
Before the evening’s program, we have a little business to cover, but mostly our meeting will be about the usual great camaraderie, great food and useful tips on working with wood.
- Date: Monday, March 3rd
- Time: 6:00 pm to around 8:00 ish
- Where: 7725 N. Meadow Rd, Helena. (click here to go to a detailed google map. Zoom out to see Helena on the map.) Written directions are at the very bottom of this post.
- Please Bring: side dish or dessert. Also a beverage to share
- Also bring: a friend who might be interested in joining, or who just wants to check us out!
- Leonard’s Phone Number: 461-4592
Gallery of Leonard’s Clocks:
Please join us and as always, please bring a friend who might be interested in woodworking in any way shape or form — even if they are just thinking about getting into woodworking as a hobby or career. Anyone can join us for a meeting or two before deciding if they want to become a member.
Directions to Leonard’s shop at 7725 North Meadow Road:
Go north, past Bob’s Valley Market on N. Montana. Third street on the right is Ropers Loop, turn right. Then immediately turn left into his driveway. The first building on the right is the woodshop. In case their is any confusion, this building is labeled “Woodshop.”