WHAT HAPPENS AT OUR MEETINGS?
We invite you to attend one of our meetings anytime, to see if you’re interested in joining the Helena Woodworkers Guild.
What we do at our guild meetings:
We hold monthly meetings, participate in community projects and mount an annual exhibit of our members’ handcrafted furniture. Guild members take turns hosting meetings at their shops. Activities include demonstrations of techniques and discussions of topics relevant to woodworking as a business or hobby. Meetings also allow time to get to know each other, network and share our skills and expertise with each other.
Example Program Topics
- Saw Blades and other Tool demonstrations
- Sharpening and maintaining shop tools
- Shop setup
- Joinery Techniques
- Specialized Woodworking Methods
- Sustainable Building Materials and Design
- Bamboo Cabinetry
- Moulding Techniques
- Planning for our Annual Exhibit
- Tour of Exploration Works Children’s Museum
- Holter Art Museum Presentation to Woodworkers
- Tours of Interesting Kitchen and Cabinetry Jobs
Usually the first Monday of each month. We take a summer break in July and August and start up again in September. For meetings times, dates, program and locations, please check our next meeting page .